Hard Surface Floors
Hard surface finished floors are maintained through a scheduled maintenance program incorporating the following elements:
- Strip and Refinishing: removal of all old floor finish (stripping), thorough cleaning and rinsing of the bare floor surface, and reapplication of several coats of new floor finish to protect the floor from damage and optimize appearance.
- Scrub and Recoat: Periodic interim maintenance involving removal of top layer of floor finish, thorough cleaning of the floor, and reapplication of finish. Performance of Scrub and Recoat jobs extends the useful life of the floor finish, saving money by reducing the frequency of more costly Strip and Refinish jobs. Also, Scrubbing and Recoating is the environmentally responsible alternative to Stripping and Refinishing, as it minimizes the need for harmful stripping chemicals.
- Spray Buffing or High Speed Burnishing: Restores shine to finished floors to keep them looking their best. Depending on the traffic and requirements of the facility, Buffing or Burnishing may be performed anywhere from quarterly (low traffic areas) to monthly (typical office building lobbies and hallways) or more frequently (hospitals, supermarkets and other retail environments).
Periodically carpet cleaning is advisable to extend the carpet life and keep it looking great. Gershman Enterprises, Inc. can provide your facility with several carpet cleaning options:
- Extraction: Hot water with cleaning solution is sprayed onto the carpets, agitated into the carpet fibers, and vacuumed out.
- Shampoo: In buildings where it is not possible to avoid walking on the carpets for 5-6 hours, shampooing allows for quicker drying of the carpet than extraction.
- Bonnet cleaning: This is an interim maintenance method that is often utilized for high traffic areas to keep the appearance clean in between more intensive cleanings.
- Dry methods: May be best for carpets that are more prone to moisture damage or that have round-the-clock foot traffic.
- Window Washing
- Power Washing
- Periodic Deep Cleaning